We are so happy to have had some rain before our upcoming foray for our Fungus Fair!
Remember, if you are not a member and would like to participate, you can…
- come to the foray (members only, so sign up at http://sdmyco.org/membership/ )
- go foraging in a woody, wet area and pick some mushrooms
- bring these to either the pre-day set up on Saturday (where you can help us set up for the fair from 4 – 8))
- or bring your mushrooms to the ID table early Sunday
- become a volunteer at the fair – we can still use your help!
For this year’s fair, we have a banger line up as always!!!
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2023 – Fungus Fair
- Casa del Prado and surrounding areas
- 10:30am – 3:30pm
- Free, Open to the Public
- Family Friendly!
- Rain or Shine
- Join in on the fun(gi)!
Dr. Gordon Walker @fascinatedbyfungi
Sonoma County Mycological Association
Why Fungi Are So Fascinating: An Overview of the Fungal Kingdom
11:40 am – 12:10 pm
Chef, Vinegar & Fermentation
12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
Los Angeles Mycological Society
The Demon “Why?” in Trait Evolution
1:40 pm – 2:10 pm
Angel’s Salumi & Truffles
2:30 pm – 3:30 pm
University of California, San Diego
The Liquid Fungus, Fermentation Processes from the Perspective of Indigenous Oaxacan Women