Dear Mycophilies, that wonderful time of year has finally arrived. The SDMS Fungus Fair is this Sunday February 15, 2015 at the Casa Del Prado from 10:30 am to 3:30 pm.
We will have excellent presentations, a cultivation demonstration, a large number of identified mushroom species to view and even mushroom cuisine (from Girard Gourmet) for purchase.
The Presentations/Demonstrations include:
• 10:30 AM: Lucy Warren, Greg Rubin, Maggie Olsen – Rm 104 “The Importance of Fungus in the Landscape”
• 12 PM: Britt Bunyard – Rm 104 “All Is Not What It May Seem: How Convergent Evolution May Be A Source Of Your Frustration”
• 1 PM: “Mushrooming Cultivation” with Sam Andrasko – Patio
• 2 PM: Elio Schaechter – Rm 104 “Mushrooms and People Through the Ages”
We have the following vendors scheduled to showcase or sell mushroom related goods:
• Alyssa Allen with mushroom derived dye pigments, http://mycopigments.com/
• Mushroom Matrix
• Michelle Richmond’s Fused Glass jewelry
• California Olive Oil company (think Truffle oil – yum)
• 5th Kingdom: mushroom crafts and jewelry
• San Diego Mushroom DNA Barcoding project
• Mountain Meadow mushrooms
• Mushroom growing Kits
• Mushroom greeting cards
• Book Sales
We will also have activities for kids.